**We do not post any items outside the UK**
**All prices are changing on a daily basis now, so please ring us to get the latest prices on all the items listed on the website, to save disappointment upon arrival that prices you have seen on the website, have now changed once in the shop, otherwise we spend all week changing prices on the website**
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(2) GDPR Notice:
This Privacy Notice describes the relationship between Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd and your data – how it is acquired, processed and stored. It will demonstrate our respect for your data regarding security and compliance with current data protection legislation, and in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation, in effect from 25th May 2018.
Policy Updated: Thursday, 13 September 2018
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)].
- There exists NO statutory requirement for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd
- All STAFF of the client organisation who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured
3. Who we are
Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd is a licensed retailer of firearms and ammunition.
Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Regulation 2016/679 Article 6 – “Lawfulness of processing” 
5. How do we process your personal data?
Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd complies with its obligations [under the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, relative to “lawfulness of process” (5):
- To maintain and administer accurate customer records (name, address, phone, email etc)
- Register you with our business
- Accounting and invoicing
- Additional sales from us to you
- Collecting owed monies
- Service and liaison with contractors on your behalf
- To offer marketing and promotional opportunities that we think you will be interested in
- To improve our overall service to you – through our direct contact and our websites
- To act appropriately on your behalf, and in your interests, with Governmental, legislative, law enformcement and regulatory bodies
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with other third parties with your prior and explicit consent.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
- We keep your personal data for no longer than is required to do so, but we are required to keep the information we have for a minimum period of 7 years, we may be required to retain your personal information for this period of time whether you are just starting out, or have given up shooting.
8. Your rights and your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Nick Wardle, Data Protection Coordinator, Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd, 21 Bethel Street, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 1JR.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Aaron Wheeler – Director
Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith Ltd
Thursday, 13 September 2018
AWG Privacy Notice V3.01.Docx
 Council of the European Union, 5419/1/16 REV 1, pp 118-120
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and other uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and other uses.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
(j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(12) Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Aaron Wheeler Gunsmith.
Our data protection registration number is [number].
**We do not post any items outside the UK**